Friday 20 October 2017

Hello everyone! I am here with a handmade book I have recently made...
Ciao a tutti! Sono qui con un libro fatto a mano che ho fatto di recente...




A folder...
Una cartella...

Bookmark...
Segnalibro...

Bookmark...
Segnalibro...

Bookmark...
Segnalibro...

Bookmark...
Segnalibro...

One page...
Una pagina...

 Pin...
Molletta...

Pin..
Molletta...

Here you find, a video of the whole book...
Qui trovate, un video di tutto il libro...


Step by step
Paso a paso

First of all, I took this plain wooden embellishment, and started by gluing down some pieces of embroidery cloth...
Prima di tutto, ho presso questo adorno di legno e ho iniziato a incollare alcuni pezzi di pizzo...

Here, I used the hot glue gun...
Qui, ho usato la colla a caldo...

Adding pieces with PVA...
Aggiungendo pezzi con la colla vinilica...

 I added some metal pieces as well...
I draw some lines with this relief paste...
Ho anche aggiunto pezzi di metallo...
Ho disegnato delle linee con questa pasta di rilievo...

More relief paste and embroidery pieces...
PiĆ¹ pasta di rilievo e pizzo...

I glued down Swarosvki's small stones (my aunt gave them to me)...
Ho incollato delle pietrine Swarovski (mia zia me le ha date)...

On the metal pieces, I applied some colour and  Deco Art antiquing cream...
Sui pezzi di metallo, ho usato colore e crema invecchiante della Deco Art...

I have used adhesive tape...
Ho usato telo adesivo...

I have glued down some cloth onto the covers...
Ho incollato della stoffa sulle copertine...

I used some more adhesive tape on the inside...
Ho usato ancora del telo adesivo nella parte interiore...

I applied gesso...
Ho usato del gesso...

 Some homemade texture paste through stencils...
Ho usato della pasta modellante fatta in casa e degli stencils...

I started the colouring process, using Deco Art, raw sienna fluid acrylic...
Ho iniziato il proceso di colorazione, usando Deco Art, terra di sienna acrilico fluido...

I also used, brown acrylic paint...
Ho usato anche pittura acrylica marrone...

On the inside covers, I glued down pieces of cardboard...
Nella parte interiore delle copertine, ho incollato dei pezzi di cartoncino...

I used bi-adhesive tape...
Ho usato del nastro bi-adesivo...

I coloured them with some ink...
Gli ho colorati con della tinta...

I made the pages out of this cardboard, that I coffee stained and coloured them, with acrylic paints...
Ho fatto le pagine con questo cartoncino, che ho tinteggiato con cafe e le ho colorate, con della pittura acrilica...

I made one pocket on each side...
Ho fatto una tasca in ogni lato...

I applied some decoupage finish...
Ho usato della terminazione per decoupage...


I made a domino charm and used Deco Art liquid glass...
Ho fatto un pendente, con un domino e, ho usato il vetro liquido della Deco Art...


I made some other charms...
Ho fatto altri pendenti...

I made some gears, out of ceramic powder...
Ho fatto delle ruotine, con della polvere ceramica...

 I glued down some cloth, onto the front cover...
Ho incollato della stoffa, sulla copertina frontale...

 On top of it, I placed the wooden corset...
I painted the gears, with acrylic paints and Deco Art, raw umber antiquing cream...
Sopra di essa, ho posizionato il corset di legno...
Ho pitturato le ruotine con della pittura acrilica e crema anticante della Deco Art...



I made some bookmarkers and used some embossing folders...
Ho fatto dei segnalibri e ho usato delle piastre per rilievo...

I made some mini tags...
Ho fatto mini tags...

I used the twine binding system...
Ho usato il sistema di legatura, a spago doppio...

I took a transparent folder, and decorated it, on one side with some cloth...
Ho presso una cartella transparente, e l'ho decorata, da una parte con della stoffa...

I added some flatback pearls, as well...
Ho aggiunto anche, qualche perlina piatta...

On the side of the folder, I used paper...
Dall'altra parte della cartella, ho usato della carta...

I used Deco Art fluid acrylic paints...
Ho usato pitture acriliche fluide della Deco Art...

I am entering these challenges:
Partecipo a queste sfide:

https://minialbummakers.blogspot.it/2017/10/
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.it/
https://emeraldcitycraftschallengeblog.blogspot.it/
http://sandee-and-amelie.blogspot.it/2017/10/
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.it/
http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.it/
http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.it/
http://blog.canvascorpbrands.com/october-challenge-books-worth-reading/

Thank you for your visit!
Have a wonderful time!














48 comments:

  1. Hi Nora! What an incredible mixed media album! I have made this style of cover once and loved doing it! So glad you are finding your way and exploring new ways of making minis. I just love your jute binding and awesome charms hanging from the tassels. Such an inspiration and thank you for the step outs. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aurtumn! So glad that you like it! Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Wow Nora !! Such a delicate n beautiful project! Live it to the bits !! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Keren! Thank you for your help too!

      Delete
  4. Wow, someone has been super busy. So much amazing texture and detail!!! Thanks for playing along with us at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Nora, love every detail !! Many thanks for sharing with us SanDee's and Amelies Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful design and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nora, what a gorgeous little album!! I love the beautiful cover you made and your embellishments are an absolute delight... I thoroughly enjoyed your video and seeing all your step by steps to bring this album together. Stunning work!! Thanks so much for joining in our October challenge at Mini Album Makers. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Redanne, for your lovely comment!!!

      Delete
  8. This mini is beyond amazing. From the gorgeous layered cover to the hanging charms and each embellished page, your art is showcased beautifully. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful textures to see! I love all the tiny details of your book. That binding "bling" is just superb. And the tutorials are really informative. What a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!!! So kind of you!!!

      Delete
  10. Oh my! This is just stunning! All the amazing work you put into it...just wow! The layers and textures of each page is phenomenal! Thanks for sharing with us at Brown Sugar this month. Hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for your lovely comment!!! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  11. Wow! So much time and effort has gone into this. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge blog this month. It's gorgeous.
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Nora. I love the detail and the different techniques you have used. I'm so glad I stopped by. Your blog is lovely and it was so interesting to discover more about you. Thank You for being so supportive a friend on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie Ann, so kind of you!!!

      Delete
  13. Sei molto brava , complimenti!!!!!!
    Giorgio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille Giorgio del bel complimento!

      Delete
  14. Magnificent project, Nora! We're really excited to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Emerald City this month. Hope to see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful work of art...love all the pages and the cover is just awesome..all the detailing is a feast for the eyes..
    Thank you so much for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful, for your lovely comment!!!

      Delete
  16. So much texture and details thanks for joining is over at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so very beautifully done. Stunning! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you!!! Thank you very much!!!

      Delete
  18. Absolutely amazing, laborious, and feminine work! I'm impressed!Thanks for sharing with us SanDee's and amelie's Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sewing theme throughout and a fab run through too. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an extraordinary fabric journal - beautiful work with the corsets, and amazing details throughout. Thanks so much for the detailed tutorial too - wonderful work. Thanks for playing along with us at Mini Album Makers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is incredible! Love the colors and the textures you have added. All the elements are gorgeous and give such a great vintage feel to this.

    Thank you so much for joining the challenge over at Canvas Corp Brand

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my God! How great it is!Really fantastic book!Thanks from Canvas Corp Brands for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful tutorial! So much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fantastic! Thank you for joining Canvas Corp Brands October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for playing along with Canvas Corp Brands-- I love it!!

    ReplyDelete